Thursday, September 19, 2013

September in Chiang Mai 2013

Dear friends and family -
Buddha above my TV

I hope and pray that you are healthy and happy, and your life is filled with abundance. 
Detail of Ganesha at temple

This blog is mostly about sharing photos. I will be taking a road trip to Bangkok next week and then off to an island - Koh Samui and maybe Kho Phagan--which will mean many new photos. 

I love passageways with spirits
-click any photo to enlarge-
I want to acknowledge the passing of my friend Alia in Kauai. When she knew that her life was about to end, she consciously accepted it and began the process of graceful passing. Her holspice support circle grew, and many people joined in the process. Alia's passing was like a birthing where friends gathered to support and bless a new life. She brought a Kauai family/community together in a whole new way. I bow in reverence to the grace and goodness, the gift of her passing

I also want to acknowledge my dearest friend Tom Lee, his wonderful (a thousand times wonderful) wife Trish, in this case I would say Twin Flame, and the family of light workers, which included doctors and nurses at Providence Hospital in Anchorage, in his decision not to pass, to recover when it didn't seem possible--to stick around and share his joy and love, and bless everyone he meets. I am so happy he decided to live longer. (grander!) The gift of his living.
Don't worry, be happy

May we all be so blessed to pass when we are ready, and not before.

I continue to be fascinated with my "retirement." Retirement? I don't understand the concept. I know people who hang out, play golf and/or drink in bars. They call it retirement. I landscape gardens, dig dirt, plant things, and spend hours every day writing the fantastic stories that fill my head and want to come out/be shared. I continually open my hands to receive abundance, to "work" and be paid for all many treasures I share.

My front porch fountain. I bought plain
cement fixtures, did all the tile work and
had the Ganesha made. Water comes out
of his head. Click to enlarge.
Buddha - two feet high - also on my front porch.
I bought the cement statue and antiqued it.
























People look at my gardens and say, "Wow, you did that . . . you created these gardens?"  I can send you photos, and maybe you will glance at them and say the same thing. Books are a lot different. In my mind the writing of a novel is much more intensive than the planting of a garden. In one year I have turned the area around my house into a vibrant garden, but in the three years I have been 'retired,' I have turned an idea - the idea of a journey to the most ideal garden - Shambala - into a Central Park, so to speak. I designed and crafted, planted seeds, watched them grow only to pull them out and plant new ones, over and over for three years until a 580 page novel called  Shambala - The Path to Paradise bloomed and said "I am ready to be read." But this is not something you can just glance at and say, "Wow, you wrote a novel?" I can tell you that it is a joy to read, as my gardens are a joy to see . . . like Central Park it has great value. I will let you know when it comes available as an eBook on Amazon. com.  Soon.

Good Morning Chiang Mai 
One of my favorite coffee shops
I ride my bike past this temple almost
very day. Decided to take a photo.















I thoroughly enjoy contemplating enlightenment. What does enlightenment mean? Most people are overwhelmed by the concept. That's because "organized religion" separates us from the possibility of attaining Buddhahood or Christhood - with their unattainable and restricted comparisons. "You're too screwed up to be anywhere near enlightenment." That holy rudeness is just not reasonable to me. What about Jesus saying, "You (I think that means Me and You) will do what I have done, and more." Hmmm. I think enlightenment is found in the asking of this question, "What is this 'more' I'm here to do?" and then go find and live the answer without prejudice. After over thirty years of study in the field of self-realizaton, in personally asking those sorts of questions, (my answer: I am here to inspire others) I offer my services as a guide. My Living Your Joy coaching sessions are available to a select few who are seriously interested in their life Design, in identifying their true life purpose and having support to move forward in that direction. If interested, go to my website:  www.ki-earth.com  and click on Living Your Joy.

The beauty of Chiang Mai

Well, this was going to be a blog about sharing photos, and I ended up filling the spaces with words. I looked over at the goofy in the corner of this coffee shop and laughed. If my life purpose is to inspire others with my writing, how can I pretend to not do that? I am alive because of my passion--it's not to be denied. 

So there!

Also - I have photos of toilet art - only in Asia. (below)

Love always, 

David Dakan Allison

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dakan, Thank you for your beautiful writing it is inspirational and fascinating. You are indeed connected to the divine and live your life in high integrity.
It is heart-opening and heart warming to know you are on the planet in these very strange and exciting times.
Much love, gratitude and Aloha to you.
KatRama