Saturday, June 30, 2012

26. Alaska


Dear friends and family  -
Katie, me, Alan
Gay Pride
I’m going to start this blog with a little rainbow color, before I head north. Last Sunday I went with my son Alan, his girlfriend Katie and their friends to the 38th annual Seattle Gay Pride Parade. What fun! I was thinking back to when I was maybe eleven or twelve. I started noticing girls. I wanted to kiss them, touch them, be seen by them. It could have just as easily have been boys, but the thought of boys being with boys never entered my consciousness until 1960; I was thirteen and my eyes opened wide when I was introduced to a homosexual transvestite. The kindness of that meeting made me forever “gay friendly.” (now proud father of two gay friendly sons) Downtown Seattle on Sunday was filled with thousands of men and women, most colorfully clothed, a few colorfully naked, parading down 4th Avenue - one group after the other for four hours. They were happy people having so much fun, strutting their stuff, proud of being who they are.
She really was a cold bitch
I can’t imagine a Straight Pride Parade, can’t imagine what it would be like—a four hour parade of  heterosexual people who actually take the celebration of their love out into the streets. That the gay and lesbian community are actually doing it is a blessing to humanity. Now, in 2012, the Mayor and many police officers, even a man running for Governor, were in the parade. The outing was so outrageous, so perfectly OK for a man to proudly wear a T-shirt that says “I am so gay I shit rainbows.” You have to laugh - it’s real and out there and full of joyous love. After the parade we went to a lesbian bar--where I happily acquiesced to drink a shot of some alcohol from a woman ice sculpture’s vagina. OMG! I realized that I rarely have good hearty laughs, cut loose of all my I-don’t-do-that righteousness and allow myself to be so happy, bright and goofy, so outrageously alive.  What Fun Indeed!
After Harbin Hot Springs, Seattle was initially a bit of a culture shock--but I got over it. I thoroughly enjoy being with my sons Alan and Aaron. We ate some delicious American food (albeit world ethnic), saw an inspirational movie, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, went out on Lake Washington in Alan’s fast ski boat, visited Sara and Ron (the co-parents) near Mt. Rainer and I sorted through my stuff, deciding on what to take back to Thailand.
Monday morning I got back on an airplane and was soon roaming the streets of downtown Juneau, the land-locked capital of Alaska. It was cold--raining and blowing and not anything like summer in America--I got to wear my winter jacket. Quite a contrast to the constant daily 90 degrees in Chiang Mai.
Juneau

Alaska? I lived in Alaska for many years until 1990, before I moved to Kauai. I loved the last frontier and thought I would forever be an Alaskan. In 1987 I managed a large Mexican restaurant in Anchorage--and got to know the owners of small raw food cafe called the Enzyme Express, where I would escape for some real food. Some years later the owners, Tom and Trish Lee, began spending winters in Kauai where we renewed our friendship. 
View from Tom & Trish's front porch

Trish & Tom Lee
Every year these dear friends kept inviting me to visit them at their rural home near the Mananuska Glacier. Now I finally had the opportunity, but decided the $800 roundtrip fair from Seattle was too expensive. Tom and Trish immediately offered to give me miles--a free ticket to Alaska. They picked me up in Anchorage and here I am, hanging out in a quiet, peaceful, beautiful paradise, enjoying every minute of my time with the most loving people you could ever meet.
I have finished my 7th draft.
It will soon be available as
an ebook.
My novel, Shambala--The Path to Paradise, is a sweet and subtle journey from the third dimension of reality into the fifth, the dimension of love. As the author my intention is to experience a version of what I write about, to live the story in some way, to take that walk on the path to paradise. At first I felt like an ox harnessed to a big wagon of stuff--wanting to take my possessions and unhealthy strivings and struggles (wanting more of this or that) with me. It became too much burden to pull up the mountain, so I had to keep tossing things out, letting go of all my limiting thoughts that all these things were/are necessary. As I traveled about and wrote the story, I began to focus more on love and sharing, more on giving and receiving—on being in harmony with the natural flow of my being. Little by little, and now more often than not, I experience the love which I write about--the shared abundance and oneness with everyone and everything. Tom and Trish mirror this back to me. The conversation expands into how to share this love and light with everyone.
One Pound of Love & Light
So while here in Alaska Tom & Trish are inspiring me with the many benefits of consuming and sharing BioLumina spirulina with my friends and family. Spirulina is the oldest and healthiest form of food in the world, and BioLumina is the very best. A tablespoon a day for an adult provides amazing health benefits--it’s one of the best life giving/sustaining foods you can buy. One tablespoon and I was hooked, it’s so tasty and nutritious--my smoothies came alive. Because of it's high phycocyanin content (20+%) this premium spirulina is the most effective source of protection from Fukushima's radiation available--and it stays alive forever, just add water. My friends Lance and Lyndia own the company, and it’s an honor and privilege to have been invited into their wonderful global family business; to be able to share BioLumina with others; to be part of this wonderful family, whose love and continuing support of my vibrant health and financial abundance is truly a blessing. I invite you to be a part of this family, and have no doubt you will love this incredible superfood as much as I do.

About the cutest cabin you'll ever see.
I will be here until Sunday, sleeping in a little log cabin with a wood-burning fire, on eighty forested acres surrounded by a gazillion more about two hours northeast of Anchorage, enjoying my dear friends and all the love they have to offer. Life is good. (the food is great!)
In Anchorage I was also reunited with Steve Plante', a co-owner of the Enzyme Express twenty-five years ago, who now owns a wonderful restaurant in Spenard called the Organic Oasis. Great place to eat. I’m happy being back home in Alaska, with a family I love. And still, I’m looking forward to returning to my new home in Thailand, to grow my garden, and make it a place where all my friends and family can come and visit. Please do.
With love as always,
David Dakan Allison

No comments: